10 Steps to Self Employment Programme
Venue: Online via Zoom
Date: Wednesday 9th & Friday 11th March 2022
Time: 10.00am to 1.00pm
Category: Business Development
Have a business idea or a few business ideas? Have you always wanted to be an entrepreneur and to start your own business? If so, this short 2 morning programme is ideal for you. It is recommended before a client partakes in our intense Start Your Own Business Programme. By the end of this 2 morning programme, you should be able to decide if self-employment and being an entrepreneur is for you. If you decide to proceed with your business idea, the next step would be to partake in one of our intense Start Your Own Business Programmes.
Note: This programme is only open to clients within the LEO Cork North & West catchment area. If you are based outside of our area, we will re-direct you to your own Local Enterprise Office.
The 10 steps covered during the 2 morning programme will include:
- Access to self employment – overview of the legal requirements
- Self assessment – address your suitability to running your own business
- Your business vision – your mid-term and long-term vision
- Market research – primary and secondary market research
- Cost control and pricing – how to cost and price your product or service
- The business plan – brief overview of this formal document and why it essential to your business as it develops.
- Taxation and compliance – overview of the Irish tax system
- Managing the finances – keeping proper business records
- Self employment support – statutory supports for micro enterprises and self employed individuals
- Getting started – taking the first steps
- You MUST partake in both training mornings, if you are signing up to this online programme.
- Client participation will be encouraged and we will be using Zoom technology to delver this webinar.
- It will be recommended that your video is ON for the duration of this webinar to allow client participation and networking.
- Trainer: Tony O’Regan, Business IQ